Schoeman & Associates
PROJECT MANAGER (Open to all ethnic groups)
Short Role description:
Responsible for successfully planning, controlling and managing project deliverables to ensure that customer needs and RA business requirements are met from order receipt through to final acceptance. Manage the efforts of team members and third-party vendors. Manage the integration and/or development and delivery of deliverables directly to the customer, or in support of a major enterprise-wide project. Manage commercial, technical and risk aspects of full scope of project/s and responsible to provide related feedback to business on a monthly basis.
Reporting structure: Project Manager Team Lead
· Project management qualification
· BSc Engineering or Equivalent qualification will be advantageous
· Excellent English language (verbal and written)
Experience required for Professional Level:
· Industry application knowledge is a pre-requisite
· Conversant with MS Project and all MS software products Excel, Access, Word, etc
· Typically 3-5 years’ experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity
· 3 – 5 years of proven documented project management experience
· Contributes professional & technical expertise
· Collaborates & teams effectively
· Communicates effectively
· Adds value for customers & partners
· Attains results
· Drives productivity
· Drives growth
· Demonstrates business & financial acumen
· Builds our global business & inclusive culture
· Creates focus & motivates others
· Thinks & acts strategically
· Leads change
· Develop people and teams
· Fosters innovation
· Acts courageously
Principal duties and responsibilities:
· Extensive experience with direct customer contact.
· Able to work and co-ordinate in a team environment
· Typically possesses application or technology knowledge relevant to assigned business or geography.
· Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
· Must have excellent conflict / negotiation resolution skills.
· Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer project commitments.
· Must perform duties in the office or outside the office as part of a project team.
· Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
· Responsible for the preparation and presentation of quotes, sales proposals, and contracts to the customer in compliance with company policies and standards, obtaining the appropriated approvals
· Consult with other functions on issues like pricing, product specification, warranties and product adaptation to ensure that we provide the appropriate business and technical solution to the customer needs
· May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
· Performs all aspects of project management functions.
· Manages execution of assigned projects within margin targets.
· Manages and reports all resource demand and financial aspects of assigned projects.
· May apply complex and advanced project management and scheduling techniques.
· Leads efforts of project personnel on complex projects.
· Coaches and mentors less-experienced engineers assigned to projects.
· Leads project teams typically employing up to 30 engineering professionals and coordinates activities with support teams and other capabilities.
· May lead internal project process improvement efforts.
· Responsible for resource scheduling to meet project plan requirements.
· Negotiates and prepares change orders with customers.
· Serves as the primary interface with customer for assigned projects.
· Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
· Must have excellent negotiation skills.
· Acts as Rockwell Automation representative for assigned projects.
· Complete responsibility for successful outcome of projects. Manages single projects up to 1 M€ and a multiple project portfolio of up to 20 projects.
· May manage subcontracts that include labor and/or fixed price deliverables.
· Responsible for meeting project schedule, margin, and customer satisfaction targets.
· Builds partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
· Often leads efforts to prepare commercial strategy for complex system applications.
· Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
· Deliver projects to the quality standards and constraints dictated by the business and the customer’s industry
· Ensure that all project administration is completed and project files are maintained
· Work with the internal Proposal team to generate priced proposals for existing and future customers
· Primary P&L responsibility for managed projects
· Full stake holder management of all projects
Ensure that all skills, experience and qualifications that you have that match the role description is reflected on your CV. Indicate your current remuneration and expectations in this regard as well as the area’s you are willing to work. Job titles are not important, but it does serve as indicators of your career interests. Providing me with 3 alternative job titles in which you might have, and interest would assist me greatly in moving your career forward. Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or which to follow-up on the process.
Contact: Babette Schoeman
Cell: 072 570 7249 (FNB Mobile’s signal is poor. SMS or WhatsApp me if you cannot get through)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com